Thursday, November 13, 2008

Microwave Chocolate Cake

Sometimes you need cake. chocolate cake. And you need it now. For those times, this cake is just perfect! It's not the best cake, and it definitely isn't something you want to serve for company. But, hey, its great for that chocolate fix.

I first saw this cake on the blog, Dizzy Dee, and I knew I was going to make it right away. I took the laptop and went straight to the kitchen! Here it goes - be warned that its not the best cake texture-wise, but something that you might end up making more often than you should.


Microwave Chocolate Cake
(recipe from Dizzy Dee)

4 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
4 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa
1 Egg
3 tbsp Milk
3 tbsp Oil
1 Mug

Mix flour, sugar and cocoa in a mug. Spoon in 1 egg. Add the milk and oil and mix well.

Microwave on high for 3 minutes. It'll begin to rise and then settle down in the mug. Remove the cake from the mug onto a plate and enjoy!

We're into the 2nd week of the marathon and everyone's doing a fantastic job:
DK, Siri, Srivalli, Ranji, PJ, Curry Leaf, Medha, Priya, Bhawna, Raaji, Ruchii, Kamala, Roopa, Divya Kudua, Rekha, Divya, Lakshmi, Raaga, Lakshmi, Sripriya, Viji, Kamalika and Pavani.

27 comments:

sra said...

Solid simplicity!

No fancy MW settings - what a relief!

Bhawana said...

hhmmm yuuummmy :)

CurryLeaf said...

Lovely.I too use mw to make such items.It is super fast in mw.

Finla said...

I totally agree about the wanting to have chocolates.
MW cake, this has to be wonderful.
Looks yumm.

Unknown said...

I agree with you.I make this often when I have a craving for chocolate.Though it comes out dense ,it tastes so good.

Sagari said...

yummmm very chocolatyy arundhati

Priya Suresh said...

Yummy chocolate cake..makes me hunger, i love to prepare them often too..kinda easy one na..

Recipeswap said...

Thats it?super simple.

Deepthi Shankar said...

that really does look good

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Indeed its a quick fix not the texture wise but nice satisfying cake just with 1/4 cup of flour mmm

kamala said...

I too make this for Valli's MW event..Looks so moist ANu

Bharti said...

LOL..I know what ya mean girl. Chocolate- if you need it now, you need it now, never mind the texture.
Hey if you get a chance, I'd love for you to try this out some time, it's one of my early posts but I think it's something you'll like.
http://veggiefoodist.blogspot.com/2008/05/quick-n-healthy-chocolate-fix.html

Kitchen Chronicles said...

Looks so very nice and moist.

Priya Suresh said...

Something waiting for u in my blog..pls check..http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/11/awards-time.html

SMN said...

Thats so simple and yum..

Srivalli said...

girl thats superb!..looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a Ferran Adria technique in NoReservations... Looks good to me.

Arundathi said...

THANKS EVERYONE!

Jude - never thought i'd hear ferran adria ever mentioned in connection with my food! :-) Thanks!!

Divya Kudua said...

Lovely cake Anu..perfect for that sudden temptation for a sweet!!

Recipeswap said...

I tried this......it was quick and tasty.just what I like.Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Who needs a mug of hot chocolate when you can have a mug of hot chocolate cake! I laughed when I saw this! Such a simple, yummy idea.

Arundathi said...


Divya Kudua - yes totally!

n33ma - Glad you liked it. thanks.

Squawkfox - lol - how true! thanks!

Medhaa said...

Dont KNow how I missed this one, love chocolate cake and this looks so yummy and so easy to make.

Bharathy said...

Tried and Blogged! :)..Thanx for the lovely recipe :)

Arundathi said...


Medhaa - Yes it is - it's definitely worth trying

Bharathy - Commented on your post! Glad you liked it!

Newbie said...

It turned out to be a little solid. How to make it spongy?

Arundathi said...


@ Newbie - Hmm. Maybe your microwave was on a high heat? or kept it in for too long?