Thursday, April 24, 2008

French Toast

My daughter's favorite. I'm not a huge fan of dessert for breakfast, so usually make mine without the sugar...



French Toast

2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1 Tbsp sugar
6 slices bread (crusts off)
2 Tbsp butter

Lightly beat eggs. Whisk in milk and sugar.
Melt 1/2 the butter in a pan.
Add a slice of bread to the egg mixture. Turn the bread and allow to become saturated.
Place in the pan and brown on both sides.
Repeat with the remaining bread.
Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!






This is my entry for the Food for Plastic Challenge III, hosted by What's Cooking?. Tupperware has named April "Children's Month" and will be donating part of their proceeds to Boys' and Girls' Clubs.

18 comments:

Swati Raman Garg said...

never had sweet french toast.. would try this one...

Srivalli said...

You have a daughter??..I didn't know that...good! now tell me how are you keeping tab on all these events...:)..when I was a kid, french toast was my favorite too! your plate looks yummy..

for a person who was on a break, this is being on roll!

Arundathi said...

Yes I have a 2-yr old daughter :) she'll eat anything if it has sugar on it!
The secret to the events is pretty simple but crazy - i actually put them on a calendar if i find it interesting when I come across them! i know - sounds too much! haha!
yes, i know - i think i'm as excited about the photography as the food! enjoying it all again!

Arundathi said...

@ Swati - do let me know how it turns out!

kamala said...

This is my fav one.Plate looks good with maple syrup

Sagari said...

what a delecious looking french toast arundathi

Cham said...

My fav but without sugar! Looks delicious

Uma said...

delicious entry.

Dhivya said...

delicious one:)nice entry

Unknown said...

These are my favorite even now..I have it without the maple syrup though!

bha said...

french toast is my fav also, but never have tried a sweet one or with maple syrup either.....this one looks nice and warm and crispy

Dee said...

I like mine without sugar too!! Nice recipe!!

Bong Mom said...

I like mine without sugar and with onions and green chillies :)

Arundathi said...

Thanks everyone - it tastes great with the sugar, but its so versatile that you can make it savory as well (as sandeepa has said). Yes, Sandeepa, I love mine the same!
Good luck to you too Ben! Am waiting for the round-up!

Madhavi said...

French toast, hummmmmm looks mouthwatering,yummmmmmmm!!!

Arundathi said...

thanks madhavi!

TBC said...

I love french toast and make it pretty often. I have 2 versions- one smilar to this but minus the sugar and with some vanilla essence, and the other one- a nicely spiced up desi version.:-)

Arundathi said...

The desi one sounds up my alley. But vanilla is a great idea - should try that out next time. Thanks.